Are you Fed up with those long cords that hang out from the electric Saw and restricts your mobility? Then it is the right time to upgrade your power tool and go for Cordless Metal Cutting Saw. Here I will guide you to select the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw available in the market.
Advantages of using Cordless Metal Cutting Saw
As from the name, you have understood that it is a type of Saw without any cord. The corded circular saw was the first metal cutting saw, and the Cordless Metal Cutting Saw was introduced much later. The power is supplied to the Cordless Metal Cutting Saw by an industrial-standard lithium battery. Being battery-powered, it gives the upper hand over corded Saws.
- Mobility: The main advantage of the Battery-powered Metal Cutting Saw over corded ones is mobility. In a corded saw, you have to be closer to the electric outlet; this restricts your reach to perform cutting anywhere.
- Convenience: With a Cordless Metal Cutting Saw, you no longer have to deal with the electric cords, which often creates hassle and risk during a metal cutting operation.
- Uninterruptible power: Being Battery-powered, you no longer need to worry about power cuts or search for a convenient electric outlet. You would be able to perform metal cutting anywhere with just a push of a button.
Disadvantages Cordless Circular Saw
Every tool have its advantages as well as disadvantages. Before buying the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw, you must know its drawbacks.
- Power Limitation: With Battery-powered saws, you have to compromise with power. Unlike corded saws, you won’t get a continuous power supply. You will be entirely dependent on the power supplied by the rechargeable battery. With a cordless saw, you always need to check the battery level before working and need to keep an eye on the power level indicator. It is advised to keep an extra set of the battery along with the cordless Saw.
- Cutting Power: When it comes to cutting power, a cordless saw has its limitation. The circular blade of the cordless Saw has small teeth due to safety concerns. Cordless Metal Cutting Saw is ideal for DIYers and homeowners.
Things you need to consider before buying the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw
There are certain things you need to consider before buying the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw. And make sure to analyze the specifications thoroughly before buying.
- Blade: A circular blade is the most crucial part of any saw. Without it, cutting will be impossible. The blades come in variable sizes, and their diameter specifies the size. As your work demand, go for that particular size. Generally, larger sizes are meant for heavy-duty jobs, but in the case of a cordless saw, most can’t handle a full 7¼-inch blade. Most Cordless Metal Cutting Saw includes 6½-inch blades. Even look at the specifications, explicitly mentioning ‘Metal Cutting Saw‘, not all cordless saws are meant for metal cutting.
- Battery: Battery is the main part of the cordless cutting saw from where it gets the power. The cordless saw usually comes with a rechargeable 18-volt or 20-volt lithium-ion battery. Most of the bands don’t include the battery and the charger. So it is advisable to buy a cordless cutting saw kit or a brand that provides the saw with a battery and charger.
- Safety: Before buying any power tool, safety should be the main priority of any power tool. A good Cordless Metal Cutting Saw must consist of a retracting blade guard and a safety lock switch to prevent accidents.
- Adjustable Bevel: Adjustable bevel is a unique feature that enables users to adjust the cutting depths according to their convenience.
Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw
After long research, I have selected some of the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw that might suit you according to your need.
DEWALT: Cordless Metal Cutting Saw (20V)
When you are talking about power tool, the first name that comes to mind is DEWALT. They are known for their quality products. Its Powerful 460 MWO, 3700 rpm motor are built to deliver power and speed. The main reason behind selecting a kit is that it comes with a 20V MAX Lithium-Ion 5.0 AH battery. The power tool comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
Makita: Cordless Metal Cutting Saw (18V)
If you are looking for an 18Volt Metal Cutting Saw, then Makita’s XSC02T can be a great choice. This kit comes with 2 Lithium-ion batteries, which are highly required during a continuous cutting operation. The power is generated fom the brushless Motor, which delivers 3,900 RPM making it possible to cut through metals items like rods, cold-rolled pipes, metal plates. Its unique Automatic Speed Change technology gives the user the freedom to adjusts the cutting speed and torque during the cutting operation. The kit comes with a 3-year limited warranty on the tool, battery and charger. This is one of the Best Cordless Metal Cutting Saw for DIYs.