Are you having a problem drilling in a confined space? Or finding it hard to drill at awkward angles. For such situations, you need a specialized drilling tool known as the Right Angle Drill. It is an ideal power tool for electricians, plumbers, construction workers. But finding the Best Right Angle Drill can be challenging because not all Right Angle Drill delivers the same output.
On this page, I will guide you and help you to select the Best Right Angle Drill available in the market.
Table of Contents
What is a Right Angle Drill?
Right Angle Drill is a unique power drill that offers a 90-degree operation with its head that is set at 90 degrees. Unlike conventional drills, angle drill gives the freedom to drilling in tight corners. To simplify the drilling task, some angle drills are provided with a movable head.
Advantages of Using a Right Angle Drill
There are many advantages in using an angle drill.
- Tight Space: One of the angle drills’ main features is that it can reach out to tight corners, which is impossible for a conventional drill.
- Better Torque: Right Angle Drill is provided with three different speed motors responsible for generating a good amount of torque.
- Extensions: Many angle drill brands provide attachments and extensions that help you to reach more narrow spaces.
- Versatility: With an Angle drill, you are not only limited with drilling. It can also be used for fastening, like driving a screw. Some drill comes with detachable head to simplify the task of the user.
Corded or Cordless Right Angle Drill
There are two types of Angle Drill.
- Corded: If you are using an Angle Drill every day and have power nearby, then a corded Angle drill will be the right choice.
- Cordless: Angle Drill is ideal for occasion drilling. These are battery-powered drills.
Things to consider before buying the Best Right Angle Drill
Before buying any tool, be it a hand tool or powered tool, always check the specifications and features. And always look for branded products other than buying cheap products.
But before buying angle drill, there are certain things you need to consider like
- Attachments And Extensions: Angle drills are designed to do the drilling and fastening in tight spaces. So to simplify the task, some brands provide several attachments and extensions. Before buying, go through the specifications thoroughly, whether that brand is providing those attachments and extensions or not.
- Corded or Cordless: As mentioned earlier, deciding to buy corded and cordless depends on your work need, how frequently you are going to use this power tool. Cordless is best suited for lightweight work and occasion drilling purposes.
- Speed Control: Look for an angle drill that provides a multi-speed setting. Different jobs demand different speeds, so it is vital to go for a drill that offers a speed-controlling unit.
Best Right Angle Drill
After long research, I have selected some of the Best Right Angle Drill that may suit you according to your need.
If you are searching for the Best Right Angle Drill, then Dewalt Battery Powered Drill can be a great choice. Dewalt is one of the leading brands in the field of the tool industry. This angle drill of Dewalt is provided with a 60V Brushless Motor, which enhances the power and runtime. Its built-in E-Clutch system and mechanical clutch give the user complete control over the tool by managing the reactionary torque. This angle drill comes with an adjustable bail handle and a 2-position side handles that offers the user total leverage and control during operation. This is an ideal cordless tool for DIYs like plumbers, electricians, and HVAC installers.
If you are searching for the Best Right Angle Drill Corded, then Hougen corded drill can be a great choice. It is built to deliver power drilling in the most extreme corners where conventional drill cannot reach. It is built to do heavy-duty work can cut holes up to 1-3/8″ diameter through a materials up to 1″ thick. The rigid ‘quill feed arbor’ attached with the drill prevents tool vibration and offers smooth cuts during operation. Some highlighted features of the angle drill are:
- Positive Slug Ejection
- High torque gearing
- Lift detector safety system
Makita is a popular name in the field of the power tool industry. Its unique Brushless motor technology offers more power for maximum efficiency. Another unique feature is its Automatic speed change technology that governs the drill speed and torque during a drilling operation. It is powered by two 18V LXT (Lithium-Ion batteries). The built-in clutch and the Electric brake reduce gear damage by disengaging gears.
Makita is known for its quality products. Makita’s angle-corded drill is designed for prolonged drilling. Its built-in Powerful 7.5 AMP motor delivers speed and power for better performance. The unique feature of this angle drill is its quick switch drill head that offers low or high-speed settings. The rubberized grip at the rear end and supporting handle offer comfort and support during operation.
I have selected another right angle drill by MILWAUKEE. Using this power tool is simple and easy to handle. The compact design can easily reach confined spaces.