If you are looking for the Best Hacksaw, then you have come to the right place.
Hacksaw is an essential primary tool for cutting purposes, be it woodcutting or metal cutting. The Hacksaw is used for sawing all metals except hardened steel. It is a must tool for plumber, carpenter, and craftsman, and any individual having a garage or any workshop. A large variety of Hacksaw is available in the market, which might lead you to confusion while selecting the Best Hacksaw. To eliminate this confusion, I will guide you and will include only the Best Hacksaw available in the market.
Before buying any tool first, you need to know your tool. A hand hacksaw consists of a frame, handle, prongs, tightening screw, and nut. The Frame is made to hold the blade tightly. They are made in two types:
- Solid Frame: An hacksaw having a fixed Frame in which the length is fixed cannot be changed, known as a solid frame.
- Adjustable Frame: Adjustable Frame, which has a back that can be lengthened or shortened to hold blades of different lengths.
The material of the hacksaw blade
Hacksaw blades are made of special steels. For handsaws, either high carbon steel, low alloy steel, or high-speed steel is used. The blades may be hard throughout or of the more flexible type, which has a soft back and a hard cutting edge. All hard blades made of high-speed steel are used for cutting the harder metals, such as alloy steels, while flexible blades are suitable for use by unskilled or semiskilled operators or where the work is inconveniently placed. These flexible blades are less liable to break and are used for general work. Blades are measured by the;
- Length: The length of the blade is the distance between the centres of the holes at each end. For hand operation, the common lengths are 250 and 350mm.
- Width: The widths are 13 and 16mm according to standards
- Thickness: The thicknesses are 0.63 and 0.80mm
- Pitch of teeth: According to the distance between two corresponding points on adjacent teeth, the saw may have a coarse, medium, or fine pitch. A coarse teeth saw 1.8mm pitch, medium teeth saw, and 1.4mm pitch and fine teeth saw 1.0mm pitch. For general work, the blade and fine teeth saw,1.0mm,1.8mm, and 1.4mm pitch, is used. Generally, soft metals, plastic, and synthetic materials are being cut by coarse -tooth saw; whereas tool steel, medium-hard steel, hard light alloys, copper alloys, and thicker sections or tubes are cut by medium tooth saws; material of small thickness is cut by fine-tooth saws.
The points of the teeth are bent to cut a wide groove and provide clearance for the blade to prevent “binding .” This binding of the teeth to the sides is called the set of the blade.
The setting is done in three ways.
- Raker: In the racker setting, one tooth is bent on one side, the next is kept flat, and the third on the opposite side of the first.
- Alternate: In an alternate setting, one tooth of the blade is bent on one side while the often on the opposite side.
- Wavy(undulated): In wavy typesetting, the teeth-arrangement looks like a wave.
Here I have selected some of the Best Hacksaw available in the market.
LENOX has been developing advanced premium tools for nearly about 90 years. Their latest advanced tension control hacksaw is built for performance. Lexon can easily achieve fast, straight, and accurate cuts due to its advanced I-Beam design. Just by turing, the tension knob blade tension to be adjusted up to 50,000 PSI. Its sturdy construction can handle a variety of heavy-duty jobs. It is also built with Rubberized handles to obtain a secure grip in any environment. It has the unique feature that you can turn this Hacksaw into a jab saw with any LENOX reciprocating blades. It is the Best Hacksaw for DIYs.
If you are looking for a compact and budget-friendly hacksaw, then Craftsman handsaw could be your right choice. Its rigid metal design can handle tension up to 225 lbs. Flush cut can be achieved by its 90&Deg; and 180° adjustable blade angles. This saw can is used for cutting wood, plastic, and laminate materials. It can easily handle sawing in small projects. It is the Best Hacksaw at an affordable price.
Klein tools hacksaw is built for professionals. Its sturdy design can easily handle heavy-duty projects. Adjustable Blade Tension up to 30,000 PSI for Fast, Precise Cuts. Klein Hacksaw is provided with rubber handles on both ends for proper grip for two-handed operation. This hacksaw can easily cut through a 2″ steel pipe or a solid 1″ steel bar.
Bahco is a Best Hacksaw built for professionals. It’s Ergonomically designed distributes pressure evenly throughout makes you feel very stable and comfortable. This user-friendly hacksaw is provided with Single touch spring-loaded blade with a release mechanism for fast blade interchangeability.
When talking about hand tools, you cannot leave out DEWALT. DEWALT is a popular name in the field of the tools industry; they are known for their quality. Its compact design provides a Low Profile for cutting in tight spaces. Another feature of this saw is that when detaching the front end and then using it with a jab blade makes it a jab saw.