Are you worried about those scratches, pits, tool marks, lines on your metal surfaces and fed-up with the dull appearance of our car’s exterior? No need to worry these problems can efficiently be dealt with a Polishing Machine.
What is Polishing?
Polishing is a surface finishing operation generally employed for removing minor scratches, stains. It basically smoothens the surface of the metal by removing a thin layer by constant rubbing with an abrasive coated wheel or belts. The wheels generally used are disc-shaped, known as bobs and mops. Both natural and artificial abrasive grains are used for coating the wheels. The wheels generally operate at a speed of 1200 to 1500 meters per minute.
Many people think buffing and polishing to be the same since they both are similar surface finishing operations, but their purposes are different. Buffing is employed only to provide high lustre to the polished surface, where polishing is employed to enhance the glow and remove marks, stains, and scratches.
Benefits of Polishing
Polishing not only removes scratches, stains, and marks but also known to prevent and enhance the look.
- Prevent Rust
- Remove oxidation
- Prevent corrosion
- Prevent contamination
- Remove deep stains
- Enhances lustre
- Removing and Restoration of paint fading
- Colour rejuvenation
Things to consider before buying a Polishing Machine
Certain things must be taken into consideration before buying the Best Polishing Machine.
- Operating Speed: The speed of a Polishing Machine may vary from 600 rpm to 3000 rpm. But different types of polishing require different speed range, and even the speed range depends on the type of abrasive coated wheel and mops used. So most of the good reputated manufacturers provide a speed regulator. Or check the speed range of the Polisher as per your work requirement.
- Weight: The weight of the Polisher also affects the polishing operation. High-speed Polisher having heavy motor is havier than low-speed ones. As per your job need, check the weight of the Polishing Machine before buying.
- Price: Many Polishers in the market may be cheap, but they may cost you much in the long run or performance quality. Never go for a cheap polisher. Cheap Polisher uses cheap quality motor and bearings that may later require a lot of maintenance or parts replacement in the long run. Always go for a good reputation manufacturer and a polisher that offers a warranty.
Best Polishing Machine
After long research, I have selected some of the Best Polishing Machine that may suit you according to your need.
Makita: Polisher (Variable Speed)
If you are a beginner and planning to buy a Polisher, then Makita’s 7-Inch Variable Speed Polisher can be a good choice. As for a beginner, it is advisable to buy a polisher that provides you with other accessories. That’s why I have selected this Polisher-Sander Kit. The kit comes with:
- 7″ Backing Pad, Hook & Loop
- Side Handle
- Tool Bag
- 7″ Wool Bonnet, Hook And Loop, Compounding
- 7″ Wool Bonnet, Hook And Loop
- Loop Handle
- Pad Alignment/Centering Sleeve
The key feature of this Polisher is that it comes with a Variable speed dial, enabling you to perform polishing at e regulated speed. Other key features like the soft start mechanism for smooth startups and the wire mesh intake prevent the wool fiber of the mops/ Wool Bonnets from entering the motor.
DEWALT: Polisher Variable Speed (7-inch/9-inch )
Dewalt is a well-known name in the field of the power tool industry. They are famous for their quality products. If you want a durable and affordable Polisher, then DEWALT’s DWP849X can be a good choice. It comes with the feature of a soft start and variable speed. With the speed dial, a user has full control over the speed and can easily regulate the speed ranging from 600-3500 rpm. It also comes with Wool Ingestion Shield that prevents the wool from entering the motor. This Polisher comes with 3 Year Limited Warranty.